Forum Composition #1




Patience


When trying to take an interesting picture it is not going to be a "walk in the park". So one of the first things I decided to when I set out to take these pictures was to literally walk in the park we have here at High Point University. We live in a generation where we do not have to worry about not having the proper equipment to take a good picture. Finding what to take a picture of, is now the hard part. 


Using angles, layering, framing, negative space, and symmetry I was able to give an alternative look to the everyday things we run into here at High Point University.

Angles



Most people look at this statue head on, but from this angle it gives me a different emotion on their face when comparing it to looking at it head on. 

Framing




In this picture, I was able to use the red flowers as a frame for the fountain. The picture is circulated a lot around a curves and the flowers aligned well with curb and street.

Layering



In this picture, I was able to use the stone stairs as a good use of layering. All stairs are good for layering but I chose not to use regular stairs because the stone makes the stairs look much taller than they actually are.

Negative Space


For this picture, I was able to get a singular focal point because of the negative space in the rest of the picture. Because of this negative space people direct their attention to the top of the building.


Symmetry



In this picture, I was able to use the structure of the building to make a symmetrical picture. The building is the same structure on both sides, so the main focus is both the windows and the white poles that are all in the same spots on both sides.



It takes time to find the right photo, but when you do, it's worth the wait.

Comments