Forum Composition #2

Instagrammish Filters:

For this project, I decided to use pictures on my phone that have to do with a mixture of manmade designs as well as nature. When posting pictures on social media networks like Instagram, I never put much thought into what goes into making a filter, until now.

Original


After




Before

After


Before


After




How to make this filter:

Hue saturation:
  • Hue: -16
  • Saturation: +21
  • Lightness: -3
Levels:
  • 24, 1.00, 200

Curves:






Concluding Thoughts:
I really enjoyed playing around in photoshop with these pictures because it really showed me how much different a photo can become once you start to change it around. The pictures that were originally taken look much different than the final picture. I was trying to take pictures that look dull and change them into something more vibrant and aesthetically pleasing. I found the more I changed around the pictures, sometimes they would be too different and end up ruining the pictures. After trial and error, I came up with a filter that has minor changes but is still very noticeable. In conclusion, when I chose a filter on Instagram I never really knew why the picture was changing and the reasoning behind it, but after playing around with photoshop I have a newfound appreciation for how these filters are made.







Comments