Forum Composition #3
Swatchy Schemey
When I walked around High Point University to take a picture for my color swatches, I was not sure what I was going to end up taking a picture of. After a few minutes of wandering around taking random pictures and getting weird stares, I made my way over to the long stretch of water outside of the Wanek Center. When I saw the vibrance of the mini fountains I knew I wanted to incorporate that in my blog post.
Photo
I feel like this picture shows some of the beauty we have here on our campus. I thought that by taking this picture it would be a good opportunity to use the pink color coming off of the fountains, the green grass under the water, and the light blue sky in the background. Here are the swatches that I used for my photo.
Swatches
Like I said previously, what inspired me to use these colors were green from the grass, pink from the fountain, and blue from the sky. I tried to show a very visible difference between all of the swatches. The first pictures are 100%. My second row of pictures were 50%. And the lightest row of pictures were 25%. I am glad that I chose to make very light because it helped me when I transitioned into making the nameplates.
Nameplates
I really enjoyed the process of making my nameplates. I tried to focus on them not putting any strain on my eyes. The most difficult color was most definitely the pink. When the pink was at 100% it was very vibrant I had to play with all of the swatches to make sure I did not have to squint to read it. The best advice I could give anyone is pretty straight forward, if the background is light, try to incorporate dark text and vise versa.
Conclusion
I feel like the nameplates serves a great purpose of being able to make business cards when I am older. After playing around with them for a little bit, I realized that I could make something that looks really professional. Overall I enjoyed this project, making the swatches and nameplates was fun because I could play around with all the colors and choose the ones that look right for me.





Comments
Post a Comment